Monday, November 3, 2014

A crazy roller coaster


Família!!!!

Wow that dance looked awesome and I’m 100% sure that it was awesome.  Loved it all... so cool.  Was there any uproar from the school this year or the school kids?  Mowing is done Finally which is pretty cool:)  stress levels all down..... well at least for the next 14 days kaakakakaka.  I got the box and thank you sooooo much!! I got it on Halloween day (I got my first box on the mission last year on Halloween day too:)  and I loved it.  No I don´t need shoes or socks I’m good on everything.  While Elder Brown was eating some friutsnacks he looked at me and said "send your mom a hug from me."  It was hilarious.... american sweets..... yum.   And the only time it ever feels cold is when it rains..... other than that.... never. 

The week...... was a roller coaster. We started off so well then just plummeted.  We did a division with 2 members of the ward on Tuesday.  It was great.  Right now we are teaching mainly 3 families.  F* and his 2 daughters, J* and her husband, they need to get married to be baptized.  And Al* & E* who are a young couple who need to get married.  The division was great and we made great progress with all of the families.... the thing is none have been to church yet except the daughters of F*.  So Elder Brown had the great idea to give church tours!!! He said he did it all the time in the states and it worked.  So our first one was with Al* & E*.  Irmaõ S (our baller member) and his wife were there.  We showed them the sacramental, talked about the priesthood, the bishop,  and ended up in the baptismal font room......  we talked about the necessity of baptism and then we started in on a marriage talk and how they needed to be married in order to be baptized.  They had argued the day before but S explained how that's normal in marriage.  (He is a BALLER member!)

The spirit became SO strong, a calmness filled the air.  We asked them what they were feeling.  Al* explained just that.  He said it was a peace that everything would be alright in the future, esperança.  We told him that was the HG testifying to him that this was Gods only true church on the earth.  It was an amazing lesson.  The spirit was thick in that room.  We "marked" their marriage for the first week in December as a goal (marriage papers take about 3 weeks to do here) they accepted!  Walking home that night me and Elder Brown were in awe at the spirit that was there.

We tried to take F* on a tour but he left town...:(he will get baptized.. I think it might take awhile though... still hasen´t gone to church.  Then we took J* and her daughter on a church tour.  The church tour was great.  The spirit was strong but not as strong as the other night with Al* & E* but he was still there.  Her husband will probably stay and get married instead of ditching.   The bummer of the church tours is that none of them went to CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!  F* was out of town, J* was helping her mom and Al* & E*..........

So we passed by their house on Saturday night to confirm their visit in the church the next day.  He said that he would not be about to go..... we could tell he was hiding something.  Then he just said it... "ok I will be honest with you guys... I found another church.  I went to this other church yesterday and just felt so good.  I felt God there.  I even cried.  So I´m not going to be going to your church anymore.  I have another one."  

My heart sank....

I was so sad.  He had had a spiritual confirmation of the truthfulness of the church.  He also said that he believed that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God.  And then he went to another church and felt "good" and that is good enough for him to deny the witness that he received. I was so sad for him, he didn´t know what he just turned down.  People turn us down all the time but after an experience like that with the spirit.... that is hard to deny. 

I don´t know what is happening here in this area.  We get people so close to baptism or even going to church and then they just stop progressing.  I feel like God is trying to teach me something and I still haven´t learned it.  I´m also trying to be much more humble.  Pride is one of my big faults.

So that was the week.. a crazy roller coaster.  We are working hard.  Sure we mess up sometimes that is natural as humans as long as we get back up afterwards. We had a hard time getting up at 630 this week... it sucks when you don´t wake up at 630.. I just feel guilty and you waste so much time.  

But I´m doing fine.  I trust in God that all of my trials are for my good:) have a great week! Love you all

Elder Ostler

Chat with Elder Ostler:  You there?

Mom: As always!!! Did you ever get the package? Any birthday box requests?

Elder Ostler: Yeah I got the box! See big email.  And for the birthday box.....pictures of you guys.......the spring break video jefferson made.

I got Jefferson's letter too.  I´m so happy he is enjoying basketball and even more happy that he is taking AP lit with porter.... that was one of my regrets... he is the best teacher at RHS... hands down.   and AP physics as well....


k well I´m out of here.  You guys don´t know how much I love you... sooo much!! Seeing all of those pictures made me so happy to see you guys happy!  Eternal Families... there is nothing else like it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment