Monday, July 21, 2014

It's okay to keep the rules

Família!!  
Sounds like you all had a great week.  Scout camp and girls camp.  But what about Jefferson.... haven´t heard from that kid for a while.  Is it still just the same ole mowing, kicking butt and taking name.kakaka.  What about the dates?  "Do you have a girlfriend?"  "yeah"   "is she hot?"

No I haven´t gotten the package yet and I probably won´t get it till the transfer which is the 4th.   And I don´t really know if I can ask for it because we live quite a ways away from the mission office.  But if I don´t get it till the transfer... tudo bem:)

So today is Elder Neyra´s birthday.  He is in our district and he speaks spanish with me.  To day we bought açaí to celebrate.  It was good.  That is what the picture is of.


So Elder Volk said something very interesting to me in our comp inventory. This is what he said to me "you are teaching me that it is ok to keep the rules."  I loved that.  I´m glad I am showing him that:)  We go running every morning.... it is great! We have a round about by our house so we go out there at 6:30, well more like 6:50 by the time we get out there and we run for 20 mins then do abs afterwards... it is great!

So do you remember Ká?  She got baptized 2 weeks ago.  Well she is a single mother with 3 kids.  She got divorced about 6 months ago.  Her kids are LC, SF and Tat.  We have been teaching the two daughters most of the time but they didn´t want to baptize.  Well, SF was supposed to get baptized last Saturday (2 days ago) but it didn´t work out.  They live in an apartment building (don´t think of an Appt. building in the states.....) and the people that live below them are traficantes or in english, drug dealers.  So I guess that the story is that LC ratted them out and told the coppers so the druggies were threatening them... scary stuff.  So they left immediately to live with their dad in another bairro.  SF was going to get baptized 2 days ago and the other two would have gotten baptized this Saturday but now it is just Tat.  I´m really sad that they moved because I really loved them. I love talking with them and teaching them.. LC has so much faith!  We are going to get the address of their pai and send the missionaries there so tudo bem:)

They are playing music in this lan house (american music) and I don´t recognize half of the songs!  I´ve been away for some time now.....

On Thursday we went to the temple and this time we took a different bus that took us out to ponta negra (right by the temple) so we descended there and took pictures by the river.... Rio negro..... which makes the Amazon river.  It just like hit me.... this is the Amazon river and I´m here.... what the heck!  It felt like a mix of being at home and in Hawaii.  It felt like home because it was a river and we have a river but it felt like Hawaii because it was stinking hot and tropical.  None the less it was awesome.


On Saturday we did service in the morning.  We carried dirt, a lot of dirt.  This irmão had a massive pile of dirt out in front of his house so we had to use a pick ax to break up the big chunks and then haul it back behind his house in wheel barrows.  It took all morning and then an hour after lunch.  We were agsausted!!!  My back and abs hurt so much.  But it was awesome. I loved it. It is always do something different;  also the irmão was listening to the radio... american music.... and once again I didn´t know half of the songs.

So last night after our meetings at the church (which were awesome!! I love being apart of the leadership meetings and planning stuff)  Y* gave us a ride home.  I was hanging halfway out the window because the car was loaded with people.  I was just looking around me and it hit me.... "I´m on a mission.... and I almost have a year on the mission..... this is unreal."  It was the first time that I really thought about it. Just looking around at brasil, it just hit me.  

Know that I´m fine and doing well.  I love you all and hope you have an amazing semana!!!
Elder Ostler

And mom I haven´t heard of anybody going home because of the heat but I have heard of people going home because of the "heat" to baptize.  Crazy stuff.   

Amo vocês!


Chat with Elder Ostler

Elder Ostler: You there? Is dad there? I have a teeth problem.. nothing serious.  

Mom: Text me the question. I'll text it to dad. He's waiting - they're boating today. But I told him you had a question

Elder OstlerBoating with who? The boys? tell them to do something legit in my name kakaka.  
So I have the wires on the back of my front teeth that hold them in place.  The wire is glued to my teeth.  A section of the wire came off but the end of it is still glued to the tooth. I could just leave it, cut it off (the broken dangling section)?  Or yank it out (with tweezers)?  Or fly dad down here to take it out? kakaka

Mom: He said he's flying down!!!!  Just either clip it or if that leaves a jagged edge yank it off. Do you have the clear retainer you can still wear at night?

Elder Ostler: Yeah I do.  Here is a tip for when Jefferson leaves.... get him a brand new retainer the week he leaves....
Is it the boys that are out boating?

Mom: Jefferson's & 2 friends, Hunt and Olsen, and Benson and 2 friends, Cooper and Merkley and dad are boating. I told them to do something legit in your name. Your email was awesome. I've been catching your blog up today, I was 3 weeks behind. So I've read the last 3 weeks. I just hope that you know how much we love you, that you can feel it during your down times. Turn to the Lord, ask for comfort and you'll get it. It's promised to you. You're worthy of the Holy Ghost, you can have comfort any time of the day or night. I love you so much and am so proud of the missionary that you are. That you're setting a good example, that you're being a good leader.


Elder Ostler: Well I´m out of here.  It doesn´t look like anything is getting through but I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment